Supervisory Board Functions at ÖBAG
Current supervisory board functions of Edith Hlawati
- Until 2023 – Chair of the Supervisory Board, Österreichische Post AG (listed)
- Until 2023 – Chair of the Supervisory Board, Telekom Austria AG (listed)
- Until 2026 – First Deputy Chair of the Supervisory Board, Verbund AG (listed)
ÖBAG’s primary mandate is the investment management of its portfolio companies, a task which is carried out through the nomination of supervisory board members. The supervisory board functions of the three ÖBAG executive board members are part of the holding company’s core tasks and are not regarded as additional functions.
Edith Hlawati is the CEO of Österreichische Beteiligungs AG. In this function, she represents the interests of the Republic of Austria in the supervisory boards and ensures high standards of corporate governance in the portfolio companies. Edith Hlawati will not be available for re-election to the Supervisory Board of Österreichische Post AG after the end of her current term in office. The term will end at the Annual General Meeting 2023.
This is underlined by Section 11 para 4 of the ÖBAG Act, which provides that all supervisory board seats in ÖBAG portfolio companies shall be counted as one seat for purposes of board limitation considerations.
Portfolio companies of ÖBAG
- BIG: 100%
- Österreichische Post AG: 52.85%
- Verbund AG: 51%
- Casinos Austria AG: 33.24%
- APK Pensionskasse AG: 32.97%
- OMV AG: 31.50%
- Telekom Austria AG: 28.42%
100% of the shares of ÖBAG are held by the Republic of Austria.